Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Sun Kwong

1400 Jackson Street
San Francisco, Ca 94109
(415) 673-9478

Good Lord. I thought I had scrapped the surface of all things holy and Chinese but I was strongly mistaken. Located right where the cable car turns is Sun Kwong. This gem of a restaurant is amazing!
With the nicest lady as our waitress in a room that's probably as big as my kitchen, my parentals and I devoured these won tons. 12 deep fried won tons in a gravy like broth (dropped eggs and peas) for under 5 dollars, Shut Your Face. The best Chinese food I've had in a while. Preceding the magical won tons was a house soup, equally as delicious. I ordered curry chicken and rice. Dad ordered black bean broccoli and fish over rice. YUMMMMY!
That's four dishes (including the soup) was....drum roll....a grand supreme total of...15.15. Thats 5.05 per person and we were stuffed to the brim.
According to my dad, these Shut Your Face won tons are a dieing art. Apparently no one makes these anymore because you have to be able to deep fry the won ton wrapper while making sure you fully cook the meat inside. Good lordy, if I knew how to make them I believe I would be extremely content.


*The Shut Your Face Magical Won Tons


Fish and Broccoli
Chicken Curry ovah rice*Goot Tong..sound it out..it's a root....

Yes..that is correct..ALL of that for only 15.15...plus left overs!

Currently reading: Rachael Ray's Big Orange Book (... it has Kosher meals! Mazel Tov!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment